Almost a decade a go, a dear friend gave me the most delicious recipe that is one of my family’s still today. It’s my go to dessert when I want something a little different that is fast, easy, and allergy-friendly.
Steph’s Dump Cake
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 oz) of pineapple tidbits
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (I use Betty Crocker or Pillsbury)
- 1 cup butter
- Pint of Blue Bell’s vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″x9″ baking dish and then layer the can of pineapple tidbits, then the cherry pie filling, and then sprinkle the cake mix over top of the cherry mixture. Now take 1 cup of butter and cut into bite-size pieces and dot the top of the cake mix with these slabs of butter. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy! This yummy treat tastes fabulous with a dollop of vanilla bean Blue Bell ice cream on top.
I’ve also been known to substitute regular cake mix with Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix and no one ever notices the difference! If you’re feeling extra creative in the kitchen, I’m sure this dish would work with a variety of fruit combinations!