These are a favorite of mine to make each Fall and even a cute little dish to take to Halloween parties since they are bite-sized. They are peanut and nut-free mini pumpkin pies and when it came to making them it was as easy as…well…pie! They were a huge hit and are perfect for portion control!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box of peanut and nut-free uncooked pie crust
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Directions: Use a pumpkin cookie cutter (make sure it has a stem) to cut out pumpkin shapes from the pie dough. Take a pumpkin cutout and press into the cup of a mini muffin pan, leaving the stem extending past the muffin cup and onto the top of the pan. Repeat until you have used all the dough. In a large bowl, mix the last seven ingredients thoroughly and then spoon into the mini pie crusts. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes or until the crust is browned. Let the pies cool and then refrigerate. Five minutes before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream to each mini pie. *Note: If using a canned whip cream, do not add until ready to eat…or it will lose it’s shape (like mine above). Enjoy!
- Optional: Although I didn’t use it in my above recipe, mini chocolate chips would be the perfect for crafting scary faces for your pumpkin bites!
What recipe creations are you making for Fall? Please share!